Last night at this time it was 70 degrees. Currently it is 40 and the wind is making it feel like it's 30. I won't be around tomorrow because my dad is going in for surgery and since I can't handle hospitals I'm going to wander about Madison. I also will hopefully bottle a batch of wine this weekend. Well it's time for links and tattoos.
1. People often don't understand history but they adopt people and symbols from history and make them have meaning to their group despite having an opposite meaning. Here's a list of 8 historic symbols that mean the opposite of what people think
. I think one that should be added is 666. I get so ticked off when I hear people get that one wrong. A tie-in with it is Christians who think that we are going to get microchips implanted in our hands and we'll have to use them to buy stuff. You have no clue what that book means so stop reading it.
2. Nick Offerman is awesome. He brings us the character Ron Swanson. Here's 28 reasons why Offerman is the greatest man who ever lived
. I'm just glad they didn't include his role on Deadwood.
3. Are you looking for a Halloween costume? Here are some clever ideas
4. Are you hosting a Halloween party and looking for fun drinks? Here are some recipes for Jello shots
5. I'm always amazed at female Halloween costumes. Here's a site that describes my amazement with the evolution of girls' Halloween costumes
6. Just in time for Halloween, you can live in the house that is a replica of the mansion
in Disney's The Haunted Mansion.
7. I love food condiments. There are just so many that you can use for your food and they give you so many different ways to prepare and enjoy your favorite foods and this is why I love the site Fuck Yeah Condiments
8. This next site I imagine one day will contain my photo. It's called Sad Fans
and contains photos of sad fans when their teams are losing.
9. I love music history and this site Music History in Gifs
is fun because it shares historical tidbits about music and puts them in gif form and the gifs usually look like old time Nintendo games.
10. Is the campaign almost over? Here are 20 awkward photos from this presidential campaign
11. I think the thing that most people will take out of this election cycle is the phrase "binders full of women". Well here are some customer reviews at Amazon for a binder
12. And finally, I got a kick out of this site where you can learn all about the Romney tax plan
And now for tattoos
Everything is definitely coming up Milhouse because that is awesome!
Might as well jump because you won't see a better David Lee Roth tattoo in your life.
Yes, all eyes are on you in your mugshot.
I'm pretty sure God is unhappy with your life choices including the tattoo.
I understand appreciating a porn star's work but tattooing her on your body? I'd hate to see that guy's lube bills.
Horse are nice and all but I grew to dislike them when living on a horse farm. There is something I enjoy in this photo but I don't know if I'd get a sideboob tattoo on my side boob.
My favorite book in tattoo form...anyone know what this is?
I think he's overcompensating.
Girl: "Oh I love Zelda games." Guy: "Really? Then you'll love my tattoo." Girl: "Wow, I've never seen such a realistic tattoo of Zelda before." Guy now crying: "But it's Link."
I remember going as a gangbanger one year for Halloween and my gun was my Nintendo gun.
Poor Yoshi...Mario always dumped him when he had important jumps to make.
So much nostalgia.
I feel like my life is incomplete because I never had a Sega or even played on for that matter. Everyone in my area had Nintendo.
I wonder if anyone has taken shots at the dog on her back because I know if I missed a duck I always tried to shoot the dog and then he just laughed at me.
And a fitting way to end this post.